CRI have been commissioned by The Wales Probation Trust and The Drug intervention regional board to provide the IOI service in the East of South Wales covering Cardiff, The Vale of Glamorgan Rhondda Cynon Taff and Merthyr Tydfil. This service commenced on 1st April 2012.
The IOI contracts are made up of three key functions
- Provision of statutory DRR, ATR andAARinterventions.
- Provision of an IOI prescribing and clinical interventions service.
- Provision of Drug Interventions Programme case management and functionality.
What we do
The service is designed to accommodate:
- Dependant adult problematic substance mis-users
- Individuals motivated to change their behaviour
- Those in contact with criminal justice services
- Individuals recently released from prison
- Those with mental and physical capacity to undertake treatment
- Those addressing their alcohol misuse whilst serving a Alcohol Activity Requirement or an Alcohol Treatment Requirement
Components of treatment
- Harm reduction work
- Assessment for suitability for treatment
- Care planning /recovery planning –working on an individuals recovery journey [1-2-1]
- Opportunityto access group work programmes/peer support groups / mutual aid groups
- Exit plans – on-going short term support with IOIS – Voluntary Client
- Referrals out of criminal justice services
- Substitute prescribing
- Mon: 9.30am-12.45pm then 1.30pm-4pm.
- Tue: 9.30am-2pm then 3pm-7pm
- Wed: 9.30am-12.45pm
- Thur: 9.30am-7pm.
- Fri: 9.30am-12.45pm then 1.30pm-3pm.