We run recovery services across Hertfordshire. Each service has a recovery team that includes doctors, recovery nurses, recovery workers, social workers, counsellors, complementary therapists, volunteers and peer mentors.
Hertfordshire’s Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service works with people over 18 who would like to access support for their drug or alcohol misuse. This includes support for friends, families and carers.
Those under 18 should contact A-DASH.
What we do
Our services help people to make and sustain the changes they need to reduce and, ultimately, stop their drug and alcohol use. We aim to empower service users to identify and realise their goals throughout their recovery journey to a healthier, safer life.
Our services include:
- Health care clinics at which our recovery nurses provide health care advice, screening and vaccinations for blood borne viruses, such as Hepatitis C.
- Needle exchange to ensure safe equipment and provide advice for injecting drug users.
- Talking therapies that enable people to build and maintain their motivation, understand their use of drugs and alcohol, and make long-term changes for a healthier and safer life.
- Prescribing support including medical detoxification and alternative medication to reduce people’s use of some illegal drugs.
- Assessments and goal setting including a structured, holistic recovery plan that is regularly reviewed and addresses additional support needs around housing and employment.
- Support and treatment to manage, reduce and stop alcohol and drug misuse.
- Advice, guidance and support including access to a key worker on a one-to-one basis and therapeutic and educational group sessions.
To help maintain your recovery we offer ongoing support including:
- rehabilitation support
- complementary therapies
- recommendations to community groups and services
- support from a peer mentor, a fellow service user who is at an advanced stage of their recovery journey
- family and carer groups, to support those affected by the drug or alcohol use or somebody else
- joint working with mental health services to ensure appropriate support
- links with local colleges and employers to identify training, education and employment opportunities
If you want to speak to someone about your alcohol or substance use, or are worried about the use of a friend or relative, you can contact the service by phone, email or by dropping in to one of our hubs.
GPs, family members, carers, friends or agencies – such as social services – can refer somebody into the service.
Families, friends and carers We understand that it can be very difficult when someone close to you misuses drugs or alcohol. You will face many challenging situations and may need advice about what to do to help your loved one. We can provide one-to-one support or introduce you to groups where you can share your experiences with others who know what you are going through.
Our service is free and confidential. It is available to all residents of Hertfordshire over the age of 18.
Our services are located in:
- Hemel Hempstead
- Letchworth Garden City
- St Albans
We also have smaller part-time services in Hitchin, Royston, Bishop’s Stortford and South Oxhey. Contact us for further details.
Number for out of hours enquiries and advice: 0800 652 3169
Out of hours enquiries and advice: 0800 652 3169
- Monday 9am to 8pm
- Tuesday 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday 9am to 5pm
- Thursday 9am to 5pm
- Friday 9am to 5pm
- Saturday 11am to 3pm
Drop in from 2pm to 4pm every day except Saturday
|Spectrum - Hertfordshire Drug & Alcohol Services - Borehamwood|
16 Shenley Road
|Spectrum - Hertfordshire Drug & Alcohol Services - Hatfield|
St Martin's House
|Spectrum - Hertfordshire Drug & Alcohol Services - Hemel Hempstead|
|Spectrum - Hertfordshire Drug & Alcohol Services - Letchworth|
|Spectrum - Hertfordshire Drug & Alcohol Services - St Albans|
222 London Road
|Spectrum - Hertfordshire Drug & Alcohol Services - Waltham Cross and Cheshunt|
|Spectrum - Hertfordshire Drug & Alcohol Services - Watford|
18 Station Road
|Spectrum - Hertfordshire Drug & Alcohol Services - Stevenage|