Gateway - Barking and Dagenham
The Gateway Service works to create safer and healthier communities. We help people break free from harmful patterns of behaviour by delivering innovative services that have a measurable impact on both health and community safety issues.
What we do
The service offers a wide range of services from confidential advice and information, assessment of the individual's specific needs, one-to-one sessions and group work, appointments at a convenient location; drop-in at local centres in the borough and a gateway to other services.
Refer an individual to CRI's The Gateway Service for:
- Access to methadone and other substitute prescribing
- HIV/Hep B testing and vaccination
- Residential rehabilitation
- Needle exchange
- Access to structured day programmes
- Advice on harm minimisation and support for those considering reducing their substance use
- Access to counselling and psychotherapy
- Structured motivational support
- Access to other community based voluntary and self-help groups
- Access to a range of other services
The Gateway Service can:
- Work to engage clients via outreach
- Meet clients in a discreet, appropriate and agreed location
- Discuss issues around drugs
- Assess needs and impact of drug use on life
- We also work in close partnership with a variety of other services such as sexual health, housing, life skills, education and employment
For all substance use referrals, please contact the duty office. Our duty office is available to discuss and take referrals so please do contact us if you are unsure and we shall be happy to discuss your referral with you.
If you are a friend or family member who is worried about the drug or alcohol use of a young person you can contact us to discuss your concerns.
020 8594 8504
9am - 5pm Mon, Wed, Fri
9am - 8pm Tue & Thu